Followers

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Corner to Corner Afghan- Finished



I finished the Corner-to-Corner afghan last night! I'm pretty pleased because if you read my previous post you will notice I just started the afghan this week.



 I didn't follow the pattern exactly more like just used the method of crocheting diagonally.  Had I followed the pattern normally, I would not have run into the problem of having an uneven numbered row.  Once I got to the afghan size I wanted and was ready to start decreasing, I did the math in my head and realized that my afghan would end up with an uneven row at the end.  I had been up until that point crocheting two rows of each color at a time.  So I decided I would rather have the odd row come in the middle rather than the end of the blanket.  So I did 2 rows of black, increasing each row.  Then I did one row of black, but this time decreasing.  I then continued on with my usual pattern of crocheting 2 rows at a time with each color.  When I was about 3/4 of the way done with afghan I decided that the odd numbered black stripe looked more like a mistake than something that was intentionally done.  If I was striving for perfection I would have gone back and made the black stripe in the middle, 5 rows instead of 3 so it would stand out more and not look like a mistake.  But I was too lazy to go back and fix it so there you have it.  I'll probably end up donating this to Bridge and Beyond eventually.  Either the new owner won't even notice or I guess they will be left wondering if the crocheter messed up.  Oh well.  Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out and even happier that it didn't take me very long to complete it.

7 comments:

  1. Hello Katie,
    Well I think it looks really great and its a smashing bright blanket too. As for tiny imperfections that's the joy of it being handmade.

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very nice to me Katie - great work getting it finished in only one week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great...love the pretty, vibrant colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got lost in your words about rows and stripes:) but I liked your blanket very much! Diagonal pattern is something I see rarely, and the fact that you made it in a week's time- it's wonderful! :)

    Thanks for visiting and joining me:)

    Preeti

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe it only took a week! Wow! Love the pattern and didn't notice the doubled black until you pointed it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks perfect and the double black in the middle is fine! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for the lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone that leaves a comment! I might not get a chance to respond to each and every one but I do read them and appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...