Followers

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Front Burner


First of all, welcome to all of the new followers of my blog!  I have a fun time reading everyone's blogs and am thrilled that you like to read mine as well.  

For some reason I have been on a roll lately with getting my behind in gear and finishing things I have started.  In my Back Burner post I mentioned how I had crocheted all of these squares and rectangles for a charity but the charity would no longer be accepting these items.  And since things have been kinda hectic lately I didn't know when I would have the time to make use of these items.  Luckily, over the course of two days I found the time to whip stitch the pieces together and make a small afghan. I then single crocheted around the outside and then did a reverse single crochet after that. I don't know why I had avoided learning how to do the reverse single crochet stitch, it is much easier than I thought.

Now the only things that can be considered on the back burner about this project are it needs to be blocked and eventually mailed to a charity.  But on the bright side, at least it is all in one piece now, and not arranged piece by piece on my spare bed.





6 comments:

  1. Your baby blanket seems so cute and colorful.. Good work..:)) I like it..:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. I personally don't like the reverse single crochet stitch, but if it works for you, that's great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm more happy to have learned a new stitch. I don't necessarily know if I would use it that much.

      Delete
  3. The blanket is colourful and bright! Are you going to add any embelishments too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of doing that but now that you mention it that sounds like a good idea!

      Delete
  4. Well done for getting it finished :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you to everyone that leaves a comment! I might not get a chance to respond to each and every one but I do read them and appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog and comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...